HUBBLE Vision 2 is a breathtaking odyssey through the universe, as seen by the Hubble Space Telescope, featuring gorgeous imagery of the planets, stars, galaxies, and more!
The educational focus of this show is to present the discoveries made by the Hubble Space Telescope, explaining the objects it has observed and the processes that shape the cosmos. This is done via a set of multidisciplinary themes woven throughout the program. These ideas help relate the information presented in the show to the lives of students and their families. The language level is appropriate for students at the middle-school level and above, as well as the general public.
Produced by Loch Ness Productions.
- Objects in the solar system: planets (moons, surface characteristics, atmospheres, magnetic field phenomena), comets
- Extra-solar objects: stars, supernovae, nebulae, clusters, galaxies, and black holes
- How we use Hubble Space Telescope to explore the cosmos
- How objects look in different realms of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Processes of starbirth, stardeath (astrophysical processes)
- Deducing the existence of black holes by effects on host galaxies
- Determination of cosmic distances
- Exploring the structure of the universe
- Hubble Space Telescope and its science instruments
- Optical, infrared, and ultraviolet capability of the Space Telescope
- Hubble Space Telescope servicing missions
English, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Vietnamese